1. Practice regularly
2. Become a master of vocabulary and constructions
* Make it your goal to understand all the words you come across when you are studying.
* Keep a vocabulary notebook listing new terms and definitions. Review new vocabulary every week by writing out your own sentences using the words,
* Master all grammatical and rhetorical constructions you encounter.
3. Learn how to make note
* Note the main idea.
* Note the information that supports main idea.
* Note-taking must be learned and it takes time.
4. Do not use pencil or your finger when you are reading.